Thursday, July 23, 2009

Former Marine now on duty as attorney

Former Marine now on duty as attorney
By Jen Bondeson

In the late hours of the night, Attorney Marc J. Victor, P.C., might find himself talking to an inmate in a jail cell. His voicemail asks clients with emergencies to press a number to alert him, and oftentimes they do.

It’s Victor’s 24/7 approach to business that he believes gives him a competitive advantage. He says his pristine reputation doesn’t hurt either.

Victor has been serving the East Valley since 1994 and the SanTan Sun area since 2004. He is the president of his law firm, Marc J. Victor P.C. Attorney at Law, located at 3920 S. Alma School Rd., Suite 5 in Chandler.

After serving as a sergeant and squad leader in the U.S. Marine Corps for seven years and during Operations Desert Storm and Desert Shield, Victor believes much of his traditional way of practice relates back to his time spent as a Marine.

“I run my practice the same way I used to run the Marine Corps,” Victor says. “It’s what I call old-fashioned principles.”

These principles, he says, can be translated into one simple adage.

“I represent people the same way I would want to be represented,” Victor says. “When I am sitting here thinking about doing something for someone, I think about if I would want someone to do it for me, and then I do it for them.”

Victor, certified in criminal defense, has represented thousands of people in the Phoenix area in the past 15 years. His law firm also specializes in bankruptcy, personal injury and wrongful death and home and commercial loan modifications, among other cases.

As far back as he remembers, Victor says he knew he wanted to be a criminal defense lawyer. He graduated from Arizona State University in 1992 with a B.S. in Justice Studies, then from Southwestern University of Law with a juris doctorate in the top 20 percent of his class.

He calls his firm the “high-end, high-power boutique” of law firms because of his specialization, education, training and style.

“I’m very aggressive, and I push very hard for my clients,” Victor adds. “A former law partner used to say he knows my secret - I just keep nagging until I get what I want. I’m a pain in the butt. I don’t like taking no for an answer.”

With an interest in representing felony, death penalty and serious crime cases, Victor admits he is always looking for the most high-profile cases.

He says his team is trained to share his approach to law, too.

“I return everyone’s call the same day I receive it and everyone’s message the same day I get it,” Victor says. “I do everything that I say I’m going to do. Everyone who works here knows that’s how we do business.”

For more info on Victor and his law practice, call 480-755-7110 or visit www.attorneyforfreedom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment